Why the @ in @safe? & UDAs

Rob T alanb at ucora.com
Wed Nov 6 22:48:46 PST 2013

> And gain what? You force everyone to change their code for
> essentially zero
> benefit.
>
> - Jonathan M Davis

It's not zero benefit, although it may seem like that over a
small period of time, it's over an extended period that
inconsistencies can become a very significant cause of
productivity loss. I'd rather fix up my old code, and I know how
horrible that is especially for production code that is in use,
it's just not fun, but if language stability was more important
to me than productivity, I would not have made the very painful
move from C/C++ to D.

--rt