Thoughts about D package management on Gentoo

Marco Leise Marco.Leise at gmx.de
Sun Nov 10 21:21:12 PST 2013

Does anyone have an idea how to go about GDC, especially once
the D front-end is integrated? Since GCC installations are
configured with gcc-config, there is a conflict for "eselect
dlang". To clarify, gcc-config copies the executables from

/usr/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/gcc-bin/<version>/*
/usr/bin/*

I guess I should just stick to DMD and LDC for it then?
By the way "dc" is already the name of an arbitrary precision
expression evaluator and cannot be used for a symlink to the D
compiler of choice. :p

--
Marco