Thoughts about D package management on Gentoo

Iain Buclaw ibuclaw at ubuntu.com
Sun Nov 10 03:14:01 PST 2013

On 10 November 2013 10:33, Jacob Carlborg <doob at me.com> wrote:

> On 2013-11-09 14:52, Marco Leise wrote:
>
>  "dmd" and it's ilk (gdmd, ldmd2) have a known command line
>> syntax, "dc" doesn't. Symlinks are most useful when the
>> semantic stays the same.
>>

> I might have been a bit unclear. I was thinking we had a symlink called
> "dc" that would point to dmd, gdmd or ldmd2. I don't like that you can
> invoke "dmd" and it will compile using GDC.

It also makes no sense as both have wildly different compiler switch
names.  And for the switches that are the same, both interpret the switches
differently. ie:  '-I ./imports'  works for GDC but not DMD (for some
reason DMD doesn't like spaces between switches and switch arguments).

--
Iain Buclaw

*(p < e ? p++ : p) = (c & 0x0f) + '0';