What’s Wrong with OOP and FP

Dejan Lekic dejan.lekic at gmail.com
Wed Nov 13 04:18:26 PST 2013

On Tuesday, 12 November 2013 at 11:09:24 UTC, Luís Marques wrote:
> I think you will be pleased with the argument, given D's
> philosophy:
>
>     https://yinwang0.wordpress.com/2013/11/09/oop-fp/

Yep, 100% agree. We should use both, and think ahead whether to
take first or the second approach to solve the problem at hand.

Regarding Java rumbling about nouns and verbs... I think in the
long run it is a better practice to name your class/method in a
way that helps developers understand what it does. Yes, some
people write long names, but that most often comes from their
company/team coding style. Nothing wrong with that really, and it
is not just Java community that does this... (first that comes to
mind: thread_stackTop() )