dmd 2.065 - Agenda

Dejan Lekic dejan.lekic at gmail.com
Thu Nov 14 04:00:25 PST 2013

On Saturday, 9 November 2013 at 00:32:56 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
> On 11/8/2013 3:33 PM, deadalnix wrote:
>> Getting a build master :D
>
> We clearly need a better title!

There is a title for that already in the IT world: RELEASE
MANAGER.

However, D project is chaos without any kind of management...
Moving to GitHub improved little bit, but from a software
engineering point of view it is far from a serious thing.

This "Agenda" is what agile world typically calls a
SPRINT/ITERATION BACKLOG. As far as I know, nobody grooms the
DMD/Phobos backlog, people take items they like, or feel
challenged by.

I know many people have bad opinion about agile process tools
such as Scrum, Kanban, XP, etc, but any organised way of doing
things is better than chaos, unless you prefer the anarchy as
seen in the Fred George's presentation (which I recommend -
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uk-CF7klLdA). Do not get me wrong,
I actually agree with Fred, but we do not have the environment
that is clearly needed for his kind of "software anarchy".

Are bugzilla votes respected btw?