Qt5 and D

Russel Winder russel at winder.org.uk
Fri Nov 15 06:24:26 PST 2013

On Fri, 2013-11-15 at 00:37 +0100, Xavier Bigand wrote:
[…]
> What do you mean exactly by same UI? Same QML files directly?

Indeed. I have one QML file (well maybe more than one given the way QML
works but basically the UI is entirely in QML) and this can be used from
PyQt5 or go-qml to provide multiple implementations behind the same UI.

> Because it's hard to port/Wrap Qt to D, I am working on a project that
> is based on QML principles (Property binding, Components,...). It's
> called DQuick.

D has always claimed to have excellent "link to C, and hence C++ (sort
of)" support, so what is it about the Qt library that causes hassle?

> It's only a prototype for the moment, and it will certainly never
> compatible with QML files. But if you are only interested by property
> binding and the composition system of QML, DQuick will make you happy.

Sadly I really do need to work with the same UI file. I'll take a look
at DQuick though and see what it's like.

Thanks.

--
Russel.
41 Buckmaster Road    m: +44 7770 465 077   xmpp: russel at winder.org.uk