Building druntime on MAC OS X

Orvid King blah38621 at gmail.com
Sat Nov 16 12:38:45 PST 2013

On 11/16/13, deadalnix <deadalnix at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Saturday, 16 November 2013 at 06:47:39 UTC, Joakim wrote:
>> The recent switch to clang on 10.9 as the reason seemed to make
>> sense, as I've run into a similar issue with clang before.  But
>> after googling a little bit and looking at the error, maybe the
>> problem is a new linker in OS X 10.9?  Assuming we've always
>> been passing --export-dynamic to the linker, I don't see why it
>> would start failing now, unless the GNU ld from binutils has
>> been swapped out.
>>

> Yes I was able to revert GCC to actually be GCC, but ld is still
> the apple thing.

I've been building the DMD trunk on OSX with no issues, and, although
I am using 10.8, I'm using the SDK for OSX 10.9, which includes clang
in place of GCC.

Actually, wait, I just looked at my build script (created when I was
still using the 10.8 SDK), and I actually do:

cd dmd/src
make -fposix.mak MODEL=64 WARNINGS="-Wno-deprecated -Wstrict-aliasing
-Wno-logical-op-parentheses"
make -fposix.mak MODEL=64 install
cat ../../install/bin/dmd.conf | sed
"s/--export-dynamic/-export_dynamic/g" > ../../install/bin/dmd.conf2
cat ../../install/bin/dmd.conf2 | sed "s/-lrt/-ldruntime-osx64/g" >
../../install/bin/dmd.conf
rm ../../install/bin/dmd.conf2
cd ../..

So it appears that it's just a matter of the argument being passed
slightly differently....