Building druntime on MAC OS X

Jacob Carlborg doob at me.com
Sat Nov 23 02:18:36 PST 2013

On Saturday, 23 November 2013 at 00:16:33 UTC, Andrew Edwards
wrote:

> To be honest, I started with the existing script. I would have
> loved to simply download and execute it and everything worked
> but it did not. It required more than an standard install of
> MAC OS X and the command line tools. Since I didn't have the
> full version of XCode or the particular products prompted for,
> I chose the route that required less preparatory work by the
> potential user. I do understand the necessity to build upon
> what already exists and, trust me, that's what I wanted to do.

I would have asked what's needed to build the installer instead
of starting from scratch. What you need from that script is
PackageMaker. Apparently it has been deprecated but it's still
useable. It can be download here:
https://developer.apple.com/downloads. It's part of "Auxiliary
tools for Xcode Late July 2012", it requires a free developer
account. It's expected to be installed in /Applications

> Would have been great if you pointed them out but I completely
> understand.

I can do that in a new post. I just thought it would be easier to
use the existing scripts.

--
/Jacob Carlborg