Building druntime on MAC OS X

Andrew Edwards ridimz at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 22 16:15:33 PST 2013

On 11/21/13, 8:56 AM, Jacob Carlborg wrote:
> On 2013-11-21 13:43, Andrew Edwards wrote:
>
>> I have.
>
> So, why don't you use that instead of creating a completely new script?
>
>> I've looked at this. But what we have assumes that there is already a
>> zip file present, fetches the zip and from that generates the an
>> installer. My understanding is that the intent is to build the installer
>> directly form the source on guthub. If my understanding is correct, then
>> it either requires me to get the source and build it myself or have the
>> the auto tester do the building and subsequently generating the
>> installer. As I understand it, the second option is the desired desired
>> state.
>>
>> If my understanding is incorrect. I would appreciate clarification.
>
> Yes, it would be preferred if it was built from source. But the solution
> is not to start from scratch and create a completely new script. As I
> said, use what we already have. If that's not working as we want it to,
> then we change it to do that.

To be honest, I started with the existing script. I would have loved to
simply download and execute it and everything worked but it did not. It
required more than an standard install of MAC OS X and the command line
tools. Since I didn't have the full version of XCode or the particular
products prompted for, I chose the route that required less preparatory
work by the potential user. I do understand the necessity to build upon
what already exists and, trust me, that's what I wanted to do.

> You're missing several things when building the installer.

Would have been great if you pointed them out but I completely understand.

> BTW, if you're able to figure out how to build the Mac OS X installer on
> Linux Walter would appreciate it. I failed to do that.

Will give it a shot. Thanks.

--
Regards,