Should "std.net.curl" be moved from Phobos to Deimos?

Jacob Carlborg doob at me.com
Tue Nov 26 12:06:53 PST 2013

On 2013-11-26 20:00, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:

> So what is the classic recommended solution for such cases? We can't be
> the first people who are having this issue on Unix.

As many have mentioned before. Everything (in this case Phobos) should
be built on the same platform as it is shipping. So we needed specific
releases for each Linux distribution we want to support.

> I've asked the question "what exactly is the problem" several times and
> you came closest to answering it, but a bunch of stuff is still unclear
> to me.

On Linux the problem is that Phobos is built on a Debian based system
where libcurl has symbol names not present in any other libcurl built
for other distributions.

--
/Jacob Carlborg