ctrl+c and destructors

Paulo Pinto pjmlp at progtools.org
Wed Oct 2 03:34:19 PDT 2013

On 02.10.2013 01:59, deadalnix wrote:
> On Tuesday, 1 October 2013 at 23:32:38 UTC, Paulo Pinto wrote:
>> s/Linux/UNIX/g
>
> The described technique use some OS specific features. It can be adapted
> to OSX as far as I know, but POSIX do not guarantee to have all required
> features to implement this.

That is why I was rephrasing Maxim's statement to mean "UNIX  signals
handlers as error mechanism is a complete disaster."

I don't do UNIX system programming at C level since 2002, but my POSIX
memories, is that it is as portable as C, with its share of undefined
behaviors and OS specific extensions.

And if I recall correctly the behavior of what was allowed to do in the
signal handler, and how UNIX/libc functions would behave upon
interruption was not that stable across multiple UNIX variants.

--
Paulo