Anyone used LLVM-D with Dub?

Moritz Maxeiner moritz at ucworks.org
Thu Oct 3 11:20:14 PDT 2013

On Thursday, 3 October 2013 at 00:37:39 UTC, Alan wrote:

> I just put the package in the dependencies and import it in my
> code then it does that, haven't even used any functions yet.
> (When building of course)

Now that code.dlang.org is reachable again I was able to
reproduce your error with a "dub init" project that had llvm-d
added to the dependencies.

Interestingly enough, building llvm-d into a static library and
linking a default app.d against that works, yet using the same
modules in the same order and compiling them with that same app.d
directly into an application triggers the issue you encountered.

Quite frankly, I do not know why that is, because going over the
relevant source files has not lead me to any incorrect code,
which leaves me with only two possible explanations:

1) I've unknowningly done something in my code that isn't
actually allowed and that for some reason gets ignored when
compiling as a libarary.
2) A compiler bug that happens when trying to compile multiple
modules at the same time.

I do not know which one it is, but it may be time to ask one of
the compiler devs about it, as it is possible you may indeed have
found a compiler bug - and if it is not a bug they may be able to
tell us what I (in that case) did wrong.