John Carmack on Eclipse performance

Bruno Medeiros brunodomedeiros+dng at gmail.com
Fri Oct 4 08:36:12 PDT 2013

On 27/09/2013 23:10, Nick Sabalausky wrote:
> On Fri, 27 Sep 2013 12:35:29 +0100
> Bruno Medeiros <brunodomedeiros+dng at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> "Hardware does get faster more rapidly than software gets slower --
>>

> Well, when you're in an industry that's constantly upgrading to the
> latest top-of-the-line hardware, perhaps; for everyone else, certainly
> not.

New hardware is cheap, for a developer's salary. But even so desktop
specs haven't even improved much in the last 3 years or so (apart from
GPUs). My desktop is 4 years old and I don't think I would tell a
difference in performance if I upgraded it (again, apart from the GPU).

--
Bruno Medeiros - Software Engineer