std.d.lexer : voting thread

Dicebot public at dicebot.lv
Sun Oct 6 11:54:53 PDT 2013

On Sunday, 6 October 2013 at 09:37:18 UTC, ilya-stromberg wrote:
> Maybe we should wait at least 1-2 weeks from last review before
> start a new voting? Maybe we should announce upcoming voting
> for one week prior to start a new voting thread? I belive that
> it pays additional attention to the new module and helps avoid
> situations like this.

There were more than 1 week of time between last comment in
review thread and start of voting. If you needed more time for
review, you should have mentioned it. In current situation I
simply have waited until Brian makes post-review changes he
personally wanted and moved forward as it was pretty clear no
further input is incoming.

Any formal review may potentially result in short voting after if
no critical issues are found so I don't think it makes sense in
making any additional announcements. There are no special points
of attention - if review was declared and you want to make some
input, it should be done right there.

Of course, review process is as much community-defined as
anything else here. You can always define an alternative one and
propose it for discussion. Right now though I am sticking to one
mentioned in wiki + some of personal common sense for undefined
parts (because I am lazy :)).

Also you can lend a helping hand and manage next review on your
own in a way you find reasonable :P