Heads up, g++ in Xcode 5 points to Clang

Joseph Rushton Wakeling joseph.wakeling at webdrake.net
Mon Oct 28 16:06:49 PDT 2013

On 28/10/13 22:07, David Nadlinger wrote:
> Have you looked at the quality of error messages in Clang or its explicitly
> designed tooling/IDE integration API?

Yea, the quality of error messages with Clang is spectacular.  I still remember
the first time I tried using it -- just on a whim -- and was shocked that code
that compiled cleanly with GCC generated pages and pages of errors and warnings.
  But once I'd got past the shock and actually read them, I realized that they
were actually telling me very explicitly what to do to fix the problem, and that
they were resolving unnecessary ambiguities in my source code.

But to be fair, we were talking about the backend, not the C/C++ compiler frontend.