DMD 2.064 changelog typo?

Andrei Alexandrescu SeeWebsiteForEmail at erdani.org
Wed Oct 30 07:56:04 PDT 2013

On 10/30/13 2:14 AM, monarch_dodra wrote:
> On Tuesday, 29 October 2013 at 23:39:13 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
>> I'm okay with either choice, just not both. There's precedent in other
>> languages for stripLeft and stripRight, but stripFront/Back are closer
>> to D's terminology. I have a very mild preference for the latter.
>
> Funny you should say that, because my first reflex was to google search
> "stripLeft" to see if there was a precedent for it, and found nothing
> outside of dlang.
>
> Who else uses "stripLeft" in their standard library?
>
> I vote to change the names to stripFront/stripBack, and make deprecated
> aliases of stripLeft/stripRight in std.string.

I could have sworn googling for them would return a bunch of languages
and libraries. I could only find on Haskell library. But then I could
only find one library using stringFront/Back.

Since we've already had stripLeft/Back for strings, I vote to stop this
changing names nonsense. Either pair is good, and we've voted for one
already.

Andrei