Had another 48hr game jam this weekend...

Manu turkeyman at gmail.com
Sun Sep 1 06:26:20 PDT 2013

On 1 September 2013 18:00, Walter Bright <newshound2 at digitalmars.com> wrote:

> On 8/31/2013 9:36 PM, Manu wrote:
>
>> I'm really don't like bugzilla as an end-user, but I'm not performing
>> searching
>> actions.
>> As a reporter, I find it's needless friction between me and reporting
>> bugs, and
>> I consequently report perhaps half as many bugs as I would otherwise,
>> because I
>> need to open a slow website, and login with yet another account...
>>

> Bugzilla sets a cookie on your machine so you don't have to repeatedly log
> in. I log in once every few months when something happens to my browser
> that deleted the cookies.
>
> If you have cookies disabled, of course you'll have to log in every time.
> But that's the same with github, too.

I don't have cookies disabled, but it doesn't seem to work for me... I have
to login every few minutes.
It auto-logs-me-out every few minutes... if I leave it open in the
background while I'm working so I can easily reach for it, I find it asks
me to log in again basically every time.

I also find the layout unappealing, and I find Github issues easier to
navigate... but I'm not the one that has to use it daily, so I'm not really
bothered by that.
The part that irks me most is that I have to have
yet-another-account-on-the-internet... Does bugzilla support OpenAuth?

I don't want my topic to get lost in this though, the first few items in my
weekend report are the big tickets as I see it; installation, IDE, and
debugging.