End user experience with D

Ramon spam at thanks.no
Sun Sep 1 16:12:34 PDT 2013

On Sunday, 1 September 2013 at 22:27:43 UTC, Brian Schott wrote:
> On Sunday, 1 September 2013 at 22:21:10 UTC, Ramon wrote:
>> D's bias toward Windows doesn't help either.
>
> Did you mean against? I've found D to be much nicer on Linux.

Well, I can't comment on Windoze as I avoid it like the plague.
But I'm under the impression (basically from reading here in the
forum and looking at D related tools, IDEs, etc) that there is a
certain bias toward Windows.

Which would be OK as most users (?) seem to work on Windoze *if*
D marketed itself as a language for Windows.

As for linux, yes, you are right. I didn't experience any
problems with DMD itself. Installed like a charm, worked like a
charm.

But: I remember my first days and the conditio sine qua non that
there are tools for linux, too. Well, there seems to ... yet, I'm
still unable to reasonably debug. which, from what I saw/read
seems to be a problem on the D side.

A+ -R