Had another 48hr game jam this weekend...

growler growlercab at gmail.com
Mon Sep 2 03:20:02 PDT 2013

On Monday, 2 September 2013 at 05:41:50 UTC, Manu wrote:
> On 2 September 2013 06:55, Nick Sabalausky <
> SeeWebsiteToContactMe at semitwist.com> wrote:
>
>> On Mon, 2 Sep 2013 02:37:09 +1000
>> Manu <turkeyman at gmail.com> wrote:
>> > Do. But the website is slow, and you probably haven't tried
>> > to use the
>> > internet in Australia recently.
>> > Also, our new government intends to set Australia's internet
>> > back
>> > about 10 years:
>> > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b-6E5yX1E0U
>> > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpN7VCzDTdg
>> > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zyY-xI6zgfk
>> >
>> > Quality leadership to be sure...
>> > Note: I can only watch these in 320p after about 20-30
>> > seconds buffer
>> > time ;)
>> >

>> Genuine question, not sarcasm: Have they decided to stop
>> engaging in
>> thinly-veiled censorship yet? Or at least admit that they
>> censor? ("Oh
>> no, we're not censoring! We're merely 'denying classification'
>> on things
>> that are outlawed without government classification!")
>

> No.
> We're the 51st state of America, so we're all about censorship
> and hiding
> information from the people at all costs. We also don't have
> the American
> constitution in our defence, we're more like a lame England
> acting as
> America's patsy; they can more-or-less just do whatever they
> want, and rely
> on the fact that even if some of the public whinge and complain
> about it,
> nobody will actually do anything meaningful to stop it. Our
> political
> representation is truly embarrassing.
> We also experience 80% Murdoch media coverage, so if they don't
> want you to
> know about something, you certainly won't hear
> discussion/debate about it
> on the television, and don't talk about it with
> non-nerds/over-40's,
> because they'll just tell you you're a wonky conspiracy
> theorist.
>
> The current government wants to install a nation-wide internet
> filtering
> system with a classified black-list so they an filter
> _specifically_ 'child
> pornography' from unsuspecting viewers...
> I don't know about you, but I've been on the internet a long
> time, and
> while it is (or used to be, google are better at filtering it
> now)
> reasonably common to stumble upon unexpected porn, I've NEVER
> seen child or
> animal abuse in my life. Clearly this isn't the real motivator.
> The child abuse department of the federal police are suggesting
> they give
> them the budget instead, and they'll be able to make a much
> more meaningful
> difference... but nobody listens to them.

> [...]

+1

I'm aussie and totally ashamed of the crappy government we
have...on both sides.  Censorship is only the tip of the iceberg.
We have an election coming up and there has been *nothing* about
climate change policy and yet we've just had the warmest winter
on record.

It's the usual crapola spinning us the line of how much better
off us middle income earners will be rather than coming up with
any real policy for the future of the country, homelessness,
mental health, ... you get the picture

...and don't get me started on the abysmal response to "the boat
people" from both sides. Poor buggers they are. It's about time
the robot politicians of this country started showing some
respect for human beings.

of mine started showing people of the world some respectDo people
here really believe they'd get onto a dodgy leaky boat for fun?
deserve to be treated with respect like every other human being
IMO.

Very disheartening.

Sorry, got side tracked growling about Oz politics ;)

Back to D !