Had another 48hr game jam this weekend...

Dicebot public at dicebot.lv
Mon Sep 2 06:51:27 PDT 2013

On Monday, 2 September 2013 at 13:36:12 UTC, Joseph Rushton
Wakeling wrote:
> Personally I find, observing a number of different open source
> projects, that a very typical problem is a kind of "selection
> bias" among contributors that leads them to significantly
> under-appreciate the usability problems of their software.
>
> <snip>

There is a notable difference between making contribution easier
and improving user experience. One thing that is often
misunderstood about open-source driving power is that it is in
fact very egoistic. You do stuff that is useful to you and share
it with others because it costs you nothing and benefits in the
long run. But key target user tends to be developer itself, not
some kind of "end" user. Of course there is some place for
idealistic motivation but in my opinion this is most important
part in open-source success.