Had another 48hr game jam this weekend...

Walter Bright newshound2 at digitalmars.com
Mon Sep 2 21:29:53 PDT 2013

On 9/2/2013 6:13 PM, deadalnix wrote:
> Unless the industry is showing signs of understanding, I'm done with theses
> stuffs. When amateurs can do better for free, you are not providing any service,
> you are just scamming your customers.

I don't know about scamming, but I find the business practice of ignoring people
who want to throw money at you to be utterly baffling.

For example, I want to watch Forbrydelsen. It's only available as Region 2 DVDs.
I have several dvd/bluray players, none will play it. What the hell? It's 6
years old. Who is making money off of me not being able to watch it?

(Amazon sez: "It won't play on standard DVD/Blu-ray players sold in the United
States.")

I'm unimpressed.