Had another 48hr game jam this weekend...

Timon Gehr timon.gehr at gmx.ch
Tue Sep 3 14:34:40 PDT 2013

On 09/03/2013 06:33 PM, Joakim wrote:

>> Thinking something is obvious so doesn't need to be demonstrated is
>> another common traits amongst zealots.
>
> Sure, but I did provide demonstration, that thread.

That thread seems to demonstrate a failure of communication.

> The OSS zealots
> repeatedly make arguments that are wrong, irrelevant, and worst, just
> completely out of left field.  This is a common pathology when you have
> decided on your conclusion and are arguing backwards from it: your
> arguments don't make any sense and come out of left field.
>
> They have decided that open source is good and closed source is bad,
> just like the global warming zealots, and will make silly arguments to
> try and justify that, even to someone like me who is trying to carve out
> a place for open source.  You may agree with their conclusion and
> therefore defend their arguments, but any impartial observer wouldn't.

"Any" impartial observer would notice the personal attacks, even if that
observer was completely ignorant of the discussion topic. "Any"
impartial observer would interpret those as lack of a well-reasoned
argument and decide to spend his time impartially observing something
more interesting.