Need help to finish DMD zip/7z release generator (alpha release)

Nick Sabalausky SeeWebsiteToContactMe at semitwist.com
Tue Sep 3 21:15:34 PDT 2013

On Wed, 04 Sep 2013 04:18:37 +0200
"Rikki Cattermole" <alphaglosined at gmail.com> wrote:

> You have to manually tell dpkg that it can use specific
> architectures like 32bit in a 64bit system [1].
> However this takes a bit of configuration to get working so this
> might have to be left to the user and not placed into the script.
>
> [1] https://wiki.debian.org/Multiarch/HOWTO

Eh, damn, it looks like I may need to put together a Debian 7 persistent
live disc/usb because I can't seem to get the necessary versions of
dpkg/apt in Deb 6, even in backports.

But...don't linux bins tend to not work on systems (ie, glibc)
older than the one used to compile? If that's the case then maybe I
should make the 32- and 64-bit passes separable so a multilib system
isn't required (which appears to mandate very new versions of linux,
at least for debian anyway).

What kind of linux system is currently being used to generate the linux
releases?