Need help to finish DMD zip/7z release generator (alpha release)

Jacob Carlborg doob at me.com
Tue Sep 3 23:33:28 PDT 2013

On 2013-09-04 02:53, Nick Sabalausky wrote:

> The current status:
> -----------------------
> - OSX 10.7: Works fine. (At least it did last time I tried it, a couple
>    weeks ago. It *could* have regressed but I won't have access to the
>    machine again until maybe Sunday.)

I can test it on Mac OS X 10.8. Are you building a universal binary of
the libraries?

> - Debian 6 (32-bit OS): This tool isn't intended to support 32-bit OSes
>    (since it must compile both 32-bit and 64-bit phobos), but it works
>    fine up until it gets to the 64-bit stuff. If I manually comment out
>    the 64-bit stuff, then everything else works fine.

Why don't you just version that out?

> - Debian 6 (64-bit OS): It fails when linking the 32-bit phobos
>    complaining that it can't link with libcurl. I'm fairly certain this
>    is because I have no freaking idea how to install the 32-bit
>    libcurl*-*-dev on a 64-bit Debian. (I *did* install
>    "libcurl4-openssl-dev", but I'm pretty sure it only installed for
>    64-bit. And I can't figure out how to get the 32-bit.)

Using "apt-get install package:architecture" as suggested here:

https://wiki.debian.org/Multiarch/HOWTO

Requires Debian 7.0 or later. For Debian 6, install the the packages
"gcc-multilib" and "ia32-libs".

> - FreeBSD 9.1 (32-bit OS): Same as 32-bit Debian 6: It works, except
>    for the 64-bit stuff.
>
> - FreeBSD 9.1 (64-bit OS): No idea, I don't have access to a 64-bit
>    FreeBSD machine, and my stupid Intel CPU lacks the ability to run a
>    64-bit OS in a VM.

I can give you a help with this, if no one else beats me.

--
/Jacob Carlborg