Need help to finish DMD zip/7z release generator (alpha release)

Jacob Carlborg doob at me.com
Wed Sep 4 00:16:38 PDT 2013

On 2013-09-04 02:53, Nick Sabalausky wrote:

> Here's what I have right now (it's named "create_dmd_release"):
>
> https://github.com/Abscissa/installer/tree/create-zip
>
> The "how to" documentation is at the top of the source file:
>
> https://github.com/Abscissa/installer/blob/create-zip/create_dmd_release/create_dmd_release.d

A couple of issues/questions:

* Mac OS X uses "dylib" as the extension for dynamic libraries

* On Mac OS X Xcode is required. It's possible to just download the
command line tools but I don't think that has been verified to work

* " --combine-zip (Posix-only) Combine all platform-specific archives in
current directory into cross-platform zip archive.
Cannot be used on Windows because the symlinks would be
destroyed. Implies --skip-package."

Can't zip for Windows handle symlinks? Windows Vista (I think) and later
supports symlinks.

* The extra files should be put under version control

* Does this builds a release for FreeBSD 64bit? If not, it should

--
/Jacob Carlborg