Had another 48hr game jam this weekend...

Ramon spam at thanks.no
Wed Sep 4 14:34:42 PDT 2013

On Wednesday, 4 September 2013 at 20:51:03 UTC, Joseph Rushton
Wakeling wrote:
> On Tuesday, 3 September 2013 at 21:26:46 UTC, Ramon wrote:
>> Now, if you will excuse me, I'll hurry to debian unstable *g
>
> Latest GDC release is also in the soon-to-be released Ubuntu
> 13.10, if that's useful to you. And check D.Announce for the
> latest info on D packages in Arch Linux.
>
> I can't remember if you've tried to build from source, but for
> what it's worth that's now a fairly straightforward, albeit
> time-consuming, process. So don't be afraid to do that in order
> to have the latest release. I can help guide you through it if
> you like.

Thank you, J R,

for the info and your friendly offer to help. But I'm already
fine and settled thanks to some hints in the GDC forum and in
particular thanks to hints and help from Iain Buclaw (whose help
and work can't be praised enough).

In case someone else runs into similar problems:

debian unstable (or unstable based derivates) offer GDC-4.8
apt-getable .deb (and phobos) which works well right out of the
box.

Thanks and A+ -R