Move VisualD to github/d-programming-language ?

Joseph Rushton Wakeling joseph.wakeling at webdrake.net
Sat Sep 7 16:51:39 PDT 2013

On 08/09/13 01:22, Flamaros wrote:
> I had try, it seems feasible, but it's an huge amount of work.
> It's preferable to let contributors choose for which IDE they want add D support.
> If you want try with QtCreator is a good thing, but it will certainly best to
> concentrate effort on projects that are already usable.

That's fair enough, but it does seem like a good strategic choice if a major
target audience is C/C++ users.

I did actually try using it already, just as a glorified text editor, to see how
it'd cope with D syntax -- pretty well, apart from not highlighting or
understanding indentation rules with respect to non-C++ stuff like foreach.

I didn't personally warm to MonoDevelop, but to be fair, I didn't give it much
of a go.  Maybe I'll reinstall it some time and see how it works out.

> I hope to see MonoD on github/d-programming-language too if it's the case of
> VisualD.

Yes, I think that's a good plan.  I rather hope that all the major IDEs will be
supported as first-class citizens in the long run.