DIP45: fixing the dllimport/dllexport issue

Benjamin Thaut code at benjamin-thaut.de
Sun Sep 8 00:33:13 PDT 2013

Am 27.08.2013 12:12, schrieb Benjamin Thaut:
> The current behaviour of export is not sufficient to create a shared
> runtime on windows. Its alos not working very well in a few other cases.
> For background information please read the links provided in the DIP.
> This DIP tries to solve the problem by imitating the proven preprocessor
> techniques used in C/C++ to create windows dlls.
>
> Destroy.
>
> Kind Regards
> Benjamin Thaut

There is yet another problem to be solved. What should happen with
tempaltes? Does it make sense to export templates? What happens if a
template class marked with export gets instanciated in different DLLs
using the same template arguments? Should the TypeInfo objects match?
Should templates be exportable in generall?

In C++ the only thing I needed so far was exporting static members of
templated classes. So the different instances of the template can work
on the same data.

Kind Regards
Benjamin Thaut