[OT] Which IDE / Editor do you use?

Nick Sabalausky SeeWebsiteToContactMe at semitwist.com
Fri Sep 13 15:17:58 PDT 2013

On Fri, 13 Sep 2013 14:36:16 -0700
"H. S. Teoh" <hsteoh at quickfur.ath.cx> wrote:

> So I set up my MX to deliver
> all mail to my PC, and I check mail with ssh/mutt. Nowadays I can even
> do this from my Android phone, though the low resolution and lack of a
> real keyboard does make it rather awkward to use.

I once received notice about, investigated and fixed, a web server
problem entirely by dual-wielding an Android and an iPhone while
sitting in a McDonald's for a few minutes (it was admittedly a simple
problem, and luckily I had already set up both with ssh keys for the
server). I thought that was pretty damn cool, even though doing the
same on my PC would have been much quicker and easier. It's no secret
I'm not a fan of those devices, but their benefit is that they do serve
as a shitty version of a Palm PDA...except with full internet access.

>Never ascribe to malice that which is adequately explained
>by incompetence. -- Napoleon Bonaparte

I've been such a big believer in that quote for years. Never heard it
associated with Napoleon though, I always just knew it as "Hanlon's
Razor": https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hanlon%27s_razor