[OT] Which IDE / Editor do you use?

Adam D. Ruppe destructionator at gmail.com
Fri Sep 13 17:42:13 PDT 2013

On Friday, 13 September 2013 at 22:34:44 UTC, Justin Whear wrote:
> This is a distribution problem; I've stuck with Debian or
> Debian-based distros over the years and never had issues like
> this.

I've used them too... ever have a proprietary requirement that
only works with, say, php 5.2, but only php 5.1 is available in
the repo?

Or a custom built thing the company relies upon.... but no longer
has the source, and their old server just died? Or, has the
source, but it only compiles with one specific setup anyway.

I've had to deal with stuff like this several times, and the
package manager fights me every step of the way.

Or, on my home computer, someone wrote something cool.... but of
course they don't offer a package for my system. (At home, I use
Slackware.) So it is time to build from source. Great, but then
it is time to track down a hundred tiny libraries (seriously, a
10 kb library, why didn't you just include that in your own
source?), of course matching the version too. What a hassle!

Hence my first comment: I prefer to just grab the Windows version
and run it in wine. That usually just works.