[OT] Which IDE / Editor do you use?

Jonathan M Davis jmdavisProg at gmx.com
Sat Sep 14 09:27:59 PDT 2013

On Saturday, September 14, 2013 05:43:14 Nick Sabalausky wrote:
> The best I've found so far is KDE4's Dolphin, but it's still no
> Explorer rival, has nothing like Tortoise (to my knowledge), it still
> has some irritating goofiness (ex: the horizontal scrolling in the
> tree-view panel is every bit as broken-by-design as in Vista's
> Explorer), and there's some other things, plus I don't like
> KDE4 :(   (And I'd rather not have to pull in the bloat of KDE4 just for
> a file manager.)

I'm a diehard Konqueror fan myself, but I also use KDE as my DE and really
like it. I'd probably be a bit lost without Konqueror, because then I'd have
to find separate programs for all of the various protocols that Konqueror
supports on top of file:// (e.g. ftp and samba). It'll also do svn, cvs, and
the like if you want to, though I never use GUIs for source control.

- Jonathan M Davis