[OT] Which IDE / Editor do you use?

Nick Sabalausky SeeWebsiteToContactMe at semitwist.com
Sat Sep 14 19:00:02 PDT 2013

On Sat, 14 Sep 2013 14:16:50 -0700
Jonathan M Davis <jmdavisProg at gmx.com> wrote:

> I've never quite groked why they created Dolphin, because
> Konqueror is so much better than anything else that I've used (though
> obviously YMMV) that it just seems weird to me that you'd even
> consider creating another one, let alone another one that you'd make
> the default. I think that they were trying to make a file browser
> that was more newbie-centric, but I don't know.

I would imagine that's probably the reason. After all, Dolphin is
easily the most explorer-like file manager I've seen on Linux. Heck,
like I said, it even managed to replicate Vista's misguided
auto-horizontal-scrolling "feature" in the tree-view panel.

And besides, KDE and GNOME have always been about giving a more
Windows-like (or mac-like) feel to Linux, and in no small part for
the sake of new Linux users. Plus, the latest ones, KDE4 and GNOME3
were largely about re-designing things in hopes of making them easier
still. (At least that's been my understanding.)