[OT] Which IDE / Editor do you use?

Adam D. Ruppe destructionator at gmail.com
Sun Sep 15 10:32:48 PDT 2013

On Sunday, 15 September 2013 at 16:50:50 UTC, Dicebot wrote:
> After I have switched to Gnome Shell I can't use any other
> desktop manager comfortably.

This is actually feel about my custom setup based on the Blackbox
window manager. It has a lot of little differences from the other
common options:

1) sloppy focus. omg it is so much better than click to focus

2) no click to raise. omg it is so much better, I actually have
control over the window's z-order! And alt+click to move windows
is soooo convenient.

3) my hotkeys rock. Keyboard control over moving, sizing, hiding,
etc., and a one press hotkey to launch my beloved rxvt.

4) I have both the roll up (shading) option and the disappearing
(iconification/minimize) option, as well as multiple workspaces.
KDE did the workspaces too, they aren't that special, but being
able to get a window off the taskbar when I want to is pretty
sweet.

also shading it while keeping focus and being able to manipulate
another window with the mouse at the same time can be pretty boss.

5) The menu, which I rarely use since rxvt rox, is on right click
anywhere on the background. No space used by a start button or
quick launch, so I can have my typical 20+ windows open at once
and not crowd up the taskbar to uselessness.

and a bunch of other little things. While any one of these
individually isn't a revolution, I sure like it better than kde
or windows or anything else I've tried.