Improved Phobos dox

Jonathan M Davis jmdavisProg at gmx.com
Sun Sep 15 11:49:07 PDT 2013

On Sunday, September 15, 2013 19:56:43 Vladimir Panteleev wrote:
> On Sunday, 15 September 2013 at 17:47:06 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu
>
> wrote:
> > Not sure what that's based on, but at least for me that only
> > works up to a few words. For large modules that's hopeless.
> > Just look at:
> >
> > http://dlang.org/phobos/std_datetime.html
> >
> > Can you really pick up the desired term? I think
> > http://erdani.com/d/phobos/std_datetime.html is a real
> > improvement over that (it also reduces the size of the list to
> > the top-level ones, which helps).
>
> I believe that example is invalid. std.datetime is too big, as
> abundantly discussed previously. The module's documentation web
> page is over 130000 pixels long (for me)!

I've got the code split into a package on my box locally, but I need to finish
fixing the documentation before I can create a pull request for it. Once I do
that, the blob of links won't be so bad, since it'll be split across modules.
Unfortunately, I'm quite slow in getting the job finished though as I'm quite
busy at the moment.

But what I think will really help deal with the blob of links for any module
which isn't just a huge list of free functions (e.g. std.algorithm) would be
if the links were actually hierarchical instead of treating all symbols like
they are at the top level of the module rather than inside an enum or a struct
or any other deeper scope.

- Jonathan M Davis