[OT] Which IDE / Editor do you use?

Peter Williams pwil3058 at bigpond.net.au
Sun Sep 15 19:09:15 PDT 2013

On 16/09/13 11:47, H. S. Teoh wrote:
> On Sun, Sep 15, 2013 at 07:32:48PM +0200, Adam D. Ruppe wrote:
>> On Sunday, 15 September 2013 at 16:50:50 UTC, Dicebot wrote:
>>> After I have switched to Gnome Shell I can't use any other desktop
>>> manager comfortably.
>>
>> This is actually feel about my custom setup based on the Blackbox
>> window manager. It has a lot of little differences from the other
>> common options:
>>
>> 1) sloppy focus. omg it is so much better than click to focus
>
> Back when I was still using a GUI, sloppy focus was one of the only
> things that made it tolerable to use.

I kind of agree but I use "focus follows mouse" rather than sloppy.  I
could never understand why most windows managers make "click to change
focus" the default as clicking inevitably raises the newly focussed
window to the top as well as changing the focus.  This greatly reduces
flexibility when managing overlapping windows.

Peter
PS One of the reasons that I dumped Gnome 3 for Cinnamon is that the
Gnome people seem determined to remove all user configuration options
(in the pursuit of an homogenous desktop) and I figured that it was only
a matter of time before they removed the ability to choose what type of
focus control one wanted.  They'd already removed the ability to
configure some things that I always changed from the default.