Move VisualD to github/d-programming-language ?

Regan Heath regan at netmail.co.nz
Tue Sep 17 03:28:48 PDT 2013

On Mon, 16 Sep 2013 15:24:42 +0100, Bruno Medeiros
<brunodomedeiros+dng at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 09/09/2013 10:25, Regan Heath wrote:
>> Eclipse is dreadful.  I hate it with a passion.
>
> Any feedback why? Bloat, sluggishness? I do hope it's not just because
> the way it used to handle refreshing of resources...

The smallest part of it is simply getting used to different hotkeys, and
swapping back and forth between it and MSVC with a different set of
hotkeys.  I realise this "problem" goes away with time, however as long as
I have to use both, it remains an issue to some degree.

Sluggishness is an issue.

Yes, refreshing was/is a major problem .. and we're stuck on an old
version for one of our products - due to other library dependencies.  Some
of these comments may be related to that old version, i.e. the refresh
problem

When you search for text in files, if the file hasn't been 'refreshed' it
gives an error/warning, instead of just refreshing it - who thought that
was a good idea!

Builds often fail, until you refresh, cleanup, refresh, cleanup often
multiple times.

Build path settings seem to go missing all by themselves.

There are probably more refresh related issues but I can't recall them
ATM.  TBH I avoid using it as much as I can, and I do less work in Java
than C/C++ and for the latter prefer MSVC.