Had another 48hr game jam this weekend...

Joseph Rushton Wakeling joseph.wakeling at webdrake.net
Wed Sep 18 02:44:34 PDT 2013

On 18/09/13 02:45, Manu wrote:
> The extent of my experience with QtCreator is that it has a button "Generate VS
> Project" in the menu, which I clicked on, and then I opened visual studio.
> For the few moments that I used it, I was surprised by now un-like-eclipse it
> looked :)
> Maybe it's decent? What's it's underlying project/build system?
> I have ex-trolltech mates who are now all unemployed... so what's the future of
> the tool?

I had the impression the future was very positive, ever since Digia acquired Qt
from Nokia a couple of years back.

AFAIK it can use make, cmake or qmake as project build systems and can use GDB,
CDB (Microsoft?) and Valgrind for debugging.  I don't have enough IDE experience
to really make any judgement, but I wondered if it might meet your needs as a
light, cross-platform IDE.