Will Java go native?

Dmitry Leskov dleskov at excelsior-usa.com
Thu Sep 19 02:30:19 PDT 2013

On Wednesday, 18 September 2013 at 22:33:46 UTC, Chris wrote:
> On Wednesday, 18 September 2013 at 22:24:08 UTC, Paulo Pinto
> wrote:
>> http://www.excelsior-usa.com/jet.html
> I've heard of excelsior ($2,500+) and other implementations.

Excelsior guy here with a quick comment:

For many of our users, if not for most of them, the potential
performance gain from AOT compilation is just a "nice-to-have".
Their main concern these days is the ease of decompiling Java
bytecode compared to reverse engineering optimized native code
binaries:

http://www.excelsior-usa.com/articles/java-obfuscators.html

As far as the price tag is concerned, we have free licenses
available for non-commercial use and discount programs for early
stage startups and small businesses.

--
Dmitry