Qt Creator and D

Manu turkeyman at gmail.com
Fri Sep 20 04:46:34 PDT 2013

On 20 September 2013 21:20, Michel Fortin <michel.fortin at michelf.ca> wrote:

> On 2013-09-20 02:10:30 +0000, Manu <turkeyman at gmail.com> said:
>
>  It requires support from various stages in the pipeline and gui, but it's
>> been available for a decade from MS. Surely someone else has bothered to
>> copy it? (assuming it was invented by MS?)
>>

> Apple had Fix-and-continue when Xcode 1.0 replaced Project Builder ten
> years ago. It was abandoned in Xcode 4. I'm not sure how reliable it was,
> but I remember having played with it when it was new but not bothering much
> later.
>
> I guess the feature not being completely reliable, moving the toolchain
> from gcc to clang, and code signatures being required when running iOS apps
> all contributed to make the feature go away. Perhaps they'll revive that
> feature now that their toolchain is more stable. File enhancement requests
> on Apple's bug tracker if you want to put some pressure on them to
> resurrect the feature.

Good to know it has been done elsewhere.
Can you recall any ways in which it was unreliable? How did you use it in
XCode?
In VS, you break/pause somewhere, make some code changes, and then when you
press F10 (step), or F5 (continue), it takes a few seconds (building), and
then it just continues with the new code. Pretty much seamless.