dub: should we make it the de jure package manager for D?

Manu turkeyman at gmail.com
Thu Sep 26 00:44:14 PDT 2013

On 11 September 2013 06:48, Andrei Alexandrescu <
SeeWebsiteForEmail at erdani.org> wrote:

> We've been experimenting with http://code.dlang.org for a while and
> things are going well. In particular Sönke has been very active about
> maintaining and improving it, which brings further confidence in the future
> of the project.
>
> We're considering making dub the official package manager for D. What do
> you all think?

Is there a front-end for dub floating around?
Something like the cygwin package installer comes to mind... (nothing fancy)

I've used dub once, I was very satisfied with the experience. I think a
front-end where you can browse the repository and select/deselect packages
conveniently would be a great addition to the experience, if it's not
already available.