dub: SDL vs TOML

Chad Joan chadjoan at gmail.com
Thu Sep 26 06:35:48 PDT 2013

On Tuesday, 10 September 2013 at 20:48:58 UTC, Andrei
Alexandrescu wrote:
> We've been experimenting with http://code.dlang.org for a while
> and things are going well. In particular Sönke has been very
> active about maintaining and improving it, which brings further
> confidence in the future of the project.
>
> We're considering making dub the official package manager for
> D. What do you all think?
>

> Andrei

I hate to be /that guy/, but...

Sönke, have you considered using TOML as an editable
serialization/configuration format?
https://github.com/mojombo/toml

It's easy on the eyes, has a simple grammar, and seems to have at
least /some/ buy-in from other communities.

I'm just not sure if it has all of the features you desire; you
would know better than I.