dub: should we make it the de jure package manager for D?

Bruno Medeiros brunodomedeiros+dng at gmail.com
Thu Sep 26 07:20:53 PDT 2013

On 26/09/2013 12:39, Dicebot wrote:
> During development you can pretty much run in locally from the source
> dir. For end user distribution you must go system-specific way.

To be fair, I don't entirely agree with this. End user
distribution/installation doesn't have to be system-specific. I can see
many interesting and useful use-cases for a cross-platform user
application package manager. It might be a real cool project if done
properly.
I just don't think dub should aim for that goal. It should mainly be a
build tool and package manager for development-time usage.

--
Bruno Medeiros - Software Engineer