Front-end release.NEXT

Jacob Carlborg doob at me.com
Sun Sep 29 09:28:40 PDT 2013

On 2013-09-29 12:25, Iain Buclaw wrote:

> - Though I can't be sure because I don't know what it is actually doing
> other than creating some custom bracketed segment (Really??? Is this
> truly necessary? That's about as useful as having a separate calling
> convention just for one language.  Oh wait!!!)  However, see point one
> on why there is uncertainty surrounding this.

How is exception handling tables, module infos, GC range and TLS data
handled now in GDC?

I guess we should change druntime to use "dl_iterate_phdr" on Linux and
FreeBSD instead of these bracketed segments. Or is there some better way?

Mac OS X already uses "getsectbynamefromheader" and similar functions to
avoid bracketed segments.

--
/Jacob Carlborg