Reviving YAGE

Ryan Voots simcop2387 at simcop2387.info
Wed Apr 9 17:29:01 PDT 2014

On Sunday, 6 April 2014 at 14:33:38 UTC, Andrej Mitrovic wrote:
> On 4/4/14, Ryan Voots <simcop2387 at simcop2387.info> wrote:
>> started updating things so that the demos build seperately with
>> dub but can't confirm anything about them building as expected
>> yet.
>
> Yeah I've tried running "dub --config=demo1" but I get back:
> Error executing command run: Unknown build configuration: demo1
>
> I think "subPackages" should be renamed to "configurations" in
> the dub
> json file?
>
> Either way building tango seems to fail, but I don't know why,
> all I
> get back are warnings. I've tried with various recent versions
> of DMD.

That's interesting.  I haven't had any problems with the d2-tango
package, but I'm not sure if I've had it rebuild it any time
recently, I'll take a look.  That's one of the reasons I want to
try to deprecate all usage of tango in the engine.  Since phobos
is trying to move to having no GC allocations in the standard
library (or at least be more explicit about it) it should help
with keeping things better for soft-realtime requirements for
rendering.