Heartbleed and static analysis

H. S. Teoh hsteoh at quickfur.ath.cx
Sat Apr 12 16:10:51 PDT 2014

On Sat, Apr 12, 2014 at 11:03:35PM +0000, Meta wrote:
> On Saturday, 12 April 2014 at 22:40:32 UTC, H. S. Teoh wrote:
> >Now if we can only iron out the last 5% of D's wrinkles, it would be
> >a HUGE relief from C/C++ nastiness.  (Unfortunately, Pareto's
> >principle dictates that this last 5% is gonna take us 95% of the
> >time. :-P)

> You mean the first 10 (or 13?) years was only the first 5%? I feel tired.

No, the first 10 years was the first 95%.

But the last 5% will take the next ... 90 years??? Oh dear. Hopefully we
get our act together before then. LONG before then! :-P

We've all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million typewriters
will eventually reproduce the entire works of Shakespeare.  Now, thanks
to the Internet, we know this is not true. -- Robert Wilensk