DIP60: @nogc attribute

Manu via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Apr 17 04:31:40 PDT 2014

On 17 April 2014 18:22, Paulo Pinto via Digitalmars-d <
digitalmars-d at puremagic.com> wrote:

> Of course it was sold at WWDC as "ARC is better than GC" and not as "ARC
> is better than the crappy GC implementation we have done".

The argument is, GC is not appropriate for various classes of software. It
is unacceptable. No GC that anyone has yet imagined/proposed will address
this fact.
ARC offers a solution that is usable by all parties. We're not making
comparisons between contestants or their implementation quality here, GC is
not in the race.