Redesign of dlang.org

Brad Anderson via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Fri Apr 18 09:53:37 PDT 2014

On Friday, 18 April 2014 at 14:04:04 UTC, Aleksandar Ruzicic
wrote:
> <snip>
>
> I have also tried to design something myself (although I'm not
> a designer) and this is what I came up with:
>
> http://krcko.net/dlang.org/dlang-home-draft1.png
>
> I'm not entirely satisfied with it but I believe that it looks
> better (or at least more modern) than the current design.
>

> So, what do you guys think?

Even if it weren't better looking, just different, I'd say it
should be done. I'm of the opinion that every site, no matter how
good it looks, should go through redesigns periodically in order
to feel fresh and non-stagnant to repeat visitors. It's a form of
marketing that reassures users that something is being actively
developed.

That said, I also happen to think your design looks fantastic and
should replace the current one just based on its appearance and
big improvements to usability. It feels more professional. I'm
all for this change.