Redesign of dlang.org

via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Fri Apr 18 13:49:49 PDT 2014

> I really like rust-lang.org, I was thinking of using it as a
> base for design but decided against it because I don't want
> dlang.org to be accused of ripping of rust-lang.org.

:-) I like rust-lang for being concise and outspoken about what
they are all about, but not very verbose on the front page. It
makes me curious and I want to visit another page for more
information.

Maybe there is a little bit too much text on the front page of
the current D-site.

rust-lang push the longer text to the second page, but is very
focused on what makes rust stand out. Maybe that is a good idea,
because when you click for one more page you maybe feel a bit
more committed and are more likely to read it?

> dartlang.org is nice, cleanly designed website. It reminds me
> of a website of programming framework produced by some startup
> :)

Yeah, I agree, it is a bit bland. But both go and dart are google
projects, and they try to "frame" the sites as community-oriented
and avoid the "corporate taint"?

I also like the go-lang way of having a "live" tutorial as their
front page.

Ola.