Redesign of dlang.org

Andrei Alexandrescu via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Apr 21 14:23:20 PDT 2014

On 4/21/14, 12:38 PM, Aleksandar Ruzicic wrote:
> I'm not sure if it is smart to use simple text macro processing system
> as a replacement for full-featured DSL such is Sass. And I don't think
> that some features available (and really useful!) in Sass are even
> possible with Ddoc.

Well you'd be surprised. But the same guideline applies - the tool needs
to offer enough payoff to justify the dependency.

I confess getting a bit uncomfortable about adding new dependencies at
this point. We depend on dpl-docs already, and the tool was difficult to
install and broke from one dmd release to the next. Sönke was nice and
proactive about it, but he's an active member of the community. If we
find issues with tooling coming from the outside - and we will - we're
on our own. It would help if many people in the community are fluent
with them.

Adding a tool right now that has overlapping functionality with
ddoc/dpl-docs, and that is relatively unknown within the community
sounds like a tall order.

Andrei