Redesign of dlang.org

Aleksandar Ruzicic via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Apr 23 01:50:16 PDT 2014

On Wednesday, 23 April 2014 at 07:28:51 UTC, Martin Nowak wrote:
> On Saturday, 19 April 2014 at 10:56:07 UTC, Aleksandar Ruzicic
> wrote:
>> Ok here's a mockup of search concept I would like to implement:
>>
>> http://krcko.net/dlang.org/dlang-search-concept.png
>>
>> Search suggestions feature would surely require JavaScript but
>> IMHO it would be a really nice enhancement.
>
> Yes it would. It could be done as an independent second step
> though.

Yep, that's how I plan to do it. First just to redesign the
complete website then to add features like search suggestions.

>> What do you think? (Just note that this is not final design,
>> I'm not really happy with typography here, but it shows
>> concept good)
>
> We can easily find better fonts :).

I'm not that unsatisfied with font faces (its Consolas nad
Calibri), more with sizes/spacing/colors.. But this is something
I will go over with a great graphics designer who will join me at
the start of May, so it will surely be much better.